Dapol '122' ('OO')

 Dapol Class 122 JACQUES PORTAL

Dapol Class 122 JACQUES PORTAL

In the 1950s, the Western Region sought to replace its aging fleet of GWR diesel railcars with a similar number of modern single-units, with the potential for expansion to two-car units by the attachment of an unpowered Driving Trailer Second.


Using the standard twin-engined 64ft 6in underframe and Derby-designed ‘high density’ body, Gloucester RC&W built 20 cars in 1958. These were divided between the London and Birmingham Divisions for branch line use, and to supplement or replace out-of-service cars in three-car units...

Find out more in MR237 - OUT JUNE 29