Click on the cover for a free magazine preview
Model Rail is Britain’s brightest and most informative magazine for model railway fans. Every issue is packed with the country’s finest home and club layouts, stunning photography, unbiased and in-depth product reviews, expert tips, layout plans, inspirational real railway subjects and step-by-step articles that really show you how.
We cover every stage of the hobby, from buying a first train set right through to museum standard finescale modelling in a lively style that encourages readers to get involved in the world’s greatest hobby.
Subscribe to Model Rail magazine, every issue delivered to your door, for the best offers and discounts. A Model Rail magazine subscription will also make the ideal gift or present, so click here to subscribe today!
Issue 208 - on sale April 9th
Spring to your local newsagent and catch a copy of Model Rail 208, on sale April 9.
News: All of the hobby’s hottest news stories.
• Find out about Bachmann and Graham Farish’s exciting plans for 2015/2016.
• Hornby unveils its new SR ‘Pacific’, Hatton’s commissions ICI hoppers and there’s a warm welcome to Minerva.
Reviews: Our objective take on the railway modelling world's latest releases.
• Hornby’s ‘J15’, Bachmann’s ‘E4’, Dapol’s Maunsell coaches and new ‘O’ gauge rolling stock from Heljan are this month’s highlights.
Layouts: An in-depth look at some of the most exciting model railways the community has to offer.
• Halifax King Cross (‘P4’ gauge)
• Deepcar (‘OO’ gauge)
Masterclass: Your definite guide to all things railway modelling.
• BR’s Mk 1 coaches brought modernity to the post-war network and spawned countless variations. Ben Ando looks at Bachmann’s extensive range as George Dent and Chris Leigh upgrade some miniature Mk 1s.
50 Top Modelling Tips: Thinking of building a new model railway? Peter Marriott and George Dent offer a half-century of essential hints for successful layout construction.