Click on the cover for a free magazine preview
Model Rail is Britain’s brightest and most informative magazine for model railway fans. Every issue is packed with the country’s finest home and club layouts, stunning photography, unbiased and in-depth product reviews, expert tips, layout plans, inspirational real railway subjects and step-by-step articles that really show you how.
We cover every stage of the hobby, from buying a first train set right through to museum standard finescale modelling in a lively style that encourages readers to get involved in the world’s greatest hobby.
Subscribe to Model Rail magazine, every issue delivered to your door, for the best offers and discounts. A Model Rail magazine subscription will also make the ideal gift or present, so click here to subscribe today!
Issue 206 - on sale February 12th
Sit out the last few weeks of winter with Model Rail 206, on sale February 12th.
News: All of the hobby’s hottest news stories.
· The 'N' gauge Pendolino project will happen thanks to Rapido Trains, and Oxford Rail unveils new ready-to-run models.
Reviews: Our objective take on the railway modelling world's latest releases.
· A bumper 24 pages of new releases this month, including Hornby's 'K1' and 'Hall', Bachmann's '64XX', Farish's '4F' and Dapol's JNA and IOA ballast wagons.
Layouts: An in-depth look at some of the most exciting model railways the community has to offer.
· Old Elms Road (‘OO’ gauge)
· Wheal Elizabeth (‘P4’ gauge)
· Dovey Valley (‘OO9’ gauge)
Model of the Year: Vote for your favourite model of 2014!
Model Rail Scotland: It's just weeks away, find out what exciting layouts and attractions are on offer and plan your visit.
Workbench: Tips and tricks from our panel of modelling maestros.
· Peter Marriott constructs an affordable station kit and identifies the best glues for ballasting. Mike Harris builds a printable greenhouse kit. George Dent tries his hand at track building. And Chris Leigh tests an innovative new product, designed to tackle tramways with ease.