Click on the cover for a free magazine preview
Model Rail is Britain’s brightest and most informative magazine for model railway fans. Every issue is packed with the country’s finest home and club layouts, stunning photography, unbiased and in-depth product reviews, expert tips, layout plans, inspirational real railway subjects and step-by-step articles that really show you how.
We cover every stage of the hobby, from buying a first train set right through to museum standard finescale modelling in a lively style that encourages readers to get involved in the world’s greatest hobby.
Subscribe to Model Rail magazine, every issue delivered to your door, for the best offers and discounts. A Model Rail magazine subscription will also make the ideal gift or present, so click here to subscribe today!
Issue 204 - on sale December 17th!
Celebrate Christmas and see in the New Year with Model Rail 204, on sale December 17.
News: All of the hobby’s hottest news stories.
· FIVE new models from Hornby, new announcements from Heljan, Hatton’s and Kernow, and a full round-up from Warley 2014.
Reviews: Our objective take on the railway modelling world’s latest releases.
· This month we take a look at Graham Farish’s ‘Duchess’, two DMUs from Bachmann and RealTrack, and Hornby’s illuminated Mk 1 coaches.
Layouts: An in-depth look at some of the most exciting model railways the community has to offer.
· Haddon Bank (‘OO’ gauge)
· Burshaw North Western (‘N’ gauge)
· Ashburton (‘OO’ gauge)
Masterplan: Ideas for potential projects, designed to kick start those creative modelling juices.
· Paul A. Lunn plans a layout that’s sure to please both film buffs and those with an interest in railway nostalgia alike.
Workbench: Tips and tricks from our panel of modelling maestros.
· Chris Nevard continues his renovation of a second-hand layout, Peter Marriott attempts to make Code 100 track more prototypical, and Allan Downes demonstrates how he ages buildings. Plus, everything you need to know about buying and installing fences.