Click on the cover for a free magazine preview
Model Rail is Britain’s brightest and most informative magazine for model railway fans. Every issue is packed with the country’s finest home and club layouts, stunning photography, unbiased and in-depth product reviews, expert tips, layout plans, inspirational real railway subjects and step-by-step articles that really show you how.
We cover every stage of the hobby, from buying a first train set right through to museum standard finescale modelling in a lively style that encourages readers to get involved in the world’s greatest hobby.
Subscribe to Model Rail magazine, every issue delivered to your door, for the best offers and discounts. A Model Rail magazine subscription will also make the ideal gift or present, so click here to subscribe today!
Issue 209 - on sale May 7th
Enjoy the lighter evenings with a copy of Model Rail 209, on sale May 7.
News: All of the hobby’s hottest news stories.
· Locomotion Models announces GNR Stirling 8ft Single as the next ‘National Collection in Miniature project.
· Revolution Trains announces ‘N’ gauge TEA tank wagon.
Reviews: Our in-depth, accurate and frank reviews are at least one step ahead of the rest!
· Bachmann’s second try at the ‘6959’ class modified ‘Hall’ (is it right this time?), and Hornby’s LMS non-corridor coaches, plus OO Works ‘I3’ 4-4-2T are the highlights of this month’s review section.
Layouts: An in-depth look at some perfect re-creations of real stations:
· Clutton GWR (‘P4’ gauge)
· Rolvenden (‘P4’ gauge)
· Bryndulais (‘OO’ gauge)
Masterclass: Singles – a look at the single-wheeled speedsters of the late 19th century, the ‘Pacifics’ of their day.
· Build a diesel fuelling point with Chris Nevard.
· Build a customized warehouse – two kits examined by Peter Marriott.
· Build your own Network Rail New Measurement Train in ‘OO’
· Chris Leigh looks into grounded vehicle bodies and works on a couple of models.
Q&A : Guide to identifying DMUs