Click on the cover for a free magazine preview
Model Rail is Britain’s brightest and most informative magazine for model railway fans. Every issue is packed with the country’s finest home and club layouts, stunning photography, unbiased and in-depth product reviews, expert tips, layout plans, inspirational real railway subjects and step-by-step articles that really show you how.
We cover every stage of the hobby, from buying a first train set right through to museum standard finescale modelling in a lively style that encourages readers to get involved in the world’s greatest hobby.
Subscribe to Model Rail magazine, every issue delivered to your door, for the best offers and discounts. A Model Rail magazine subscription will also make the ideal gift or present, so click here to subscribe today!
MR219: ON SALE FEBRUARY 11
MR219 - Packed with practical features, advice, inspiration and real layout-building!
- The FINAL THREE ‘USAs’ in colour. Once they’re gone, they’re gone. Order now to avoid disappointment!
- Model of the month: Chris Leigh examines Dapol’s Class 73 electro-diesel
- Minerva’s ‘O’ gauge Peckett
- Oxford’s Manx models
- Hornby's ‘J50’ 0-6-0T
- Leicester South ('OO')
- Blandford Forum (‘OO’)
- Inverboyndie (‘OO’)
- Britain’s Classic Railways
- Settle & Carlisle layout ideas and plans
- From the Withered Arm to the Cromford & High Peak
- Layout wiring 2: The fundamentals explained and demonstrated by George Dent and Dave Lowery
- Starting Cromford Goods, Peter Marriott’s layout project.
- Stuart Moore describes his remarkable 2mmFS exercise in creating atmosphere
- Stephan Kraus reveals his scenic techniques
Q&A, Show & Tell, Exhibition Diary, Backscene